This creamy dill dip is great with just about every dipper imaginable. It’s quick to whip up, and great to have in the fridge for last minute snacking!
We love serving fresh creamy homemade dill dip for veggies, chips, or with air fryer zucchini fries, zucchini sticks and air fryer pickles!
Dill Weed Vs Dill Seed
While selecting dried dill at the store, you’ll see both dill weed and dill seed. Dried dill weed comes from the flower of the plant, and dill seed is quite literally the seeds of the dill plant.
For dill dip, dill weed will provide the light, fresh flavor and texture you’re looking for. Dill seed works better in breads, or used in pickling recipes.
How To Make Dill Dip
To make creamy dill dip at home:
- Combine mayo, sour cream, dill weed, garlic powder onion powder, salt and pepper. Use a spatula to help scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Scoop dill dip into a serving dish, and let it sit for about 30 minutes before serving to let the flavors combine and intensify.
- Serve next to your favorite dippers like crackers, vegetables, or crostini!
How To Store Dill Dip
Dill dip will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. We like to make it in advance to have ready for quick snaking.
Dill dip always tastes better the next day, and is great while you’re running by the fridge!
We don’t recommend freezing dill dip. The texture of sour cream and mayonnaise changes when frozen.
Our Favorite Dippers
Here are some great dippers to serve with creamy dill dip!
- Crostini or bread pieces
- Veggies: cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, celery, zucchini, broccoli
- Pita bread
- Wings (we love serving buffalo wings with dill dip)
Dill Dip Tips and Substitutions
- Try adding a couple tablespoons of dill pickle juice to make dill pickle dip.
- For a healthier alternative, substitute the mayonnaise for plain greek yogurt. This version will be creamy!
- Cream cheese dill dip is super creamy too, but delicious. Try substituting mayonnaise for room temperature cream cheese.
- Allow dill dip to chill for about 30 minutes before serving. It makes a huge difference in flavor!
- More Quick Appetizer Recipes
- Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Homemade Pico De Gallo
- Crispy Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts
- Easy Guacamole Recipe
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper, each to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Chill 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to intensify.
Pin It For Later: