Air fryer zucchini fries are colorful, fun, and easy to whip up. They make a great appetizer or snack, and are so much fun to dip!
We love serving air fryer zucchini sticks with dill dip and marinara sauce. They’re quicker than baked zucchini fries thanks to the air fryer, and come out crispy and delicious every time.
Fried zucchini sticks are great as a game day appetizer, after school snack, or movie night appey. We love serving them next to loaded sheet pan nachos and air fryer pickles!
How To Make Fried Zucchini In Air Fryer
To make these air fryer zucchini fries:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes (this helps crisp them up).
- Arrange 3 bowls at a working station. In the first, combine flour and cayenne pepper. In the second, make an egg wash by mixing 2 eggs with 2 tablespoons of water. In the third, combine panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Create zucchini fries by slicing a zucchini into thirds. Slice each third in half lengthwise, then cut the halves into matchsticks. Make sure they’re cut uniformly so they cook evenly.
- Working in batches of 4, toss zuchini fries in flour, then egg wash, then panko mixture. Shake off excess between dips. For less mess, use left hand for wet ingredients and right hand for dry.
- Place zucchini fries in a single layer in preheated air fryer basket. Spray them with olive oil, and air fry for 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender crisp and coating is golden.
- Serve with your favorite dips!
To Make Zucchini Fries In Advance:
These zucchini fries are great to make ahead of the time for a last minute snack or appetizer! Bread them as normal, but instead of baking, place them onto a baking sheet.
Place the baking sheet into the freezer, and freeze until frozen. Once the zucchini fries are frozen, they can be transferred to a freezer bag for up to 8 months.
To make air fryer zucchini fries from frozen:
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Place frozen zucchini fries in a single layer into preheated air fryer rack. Spray with olive oil.
- Air fry for 12 minutes or until topping is golden and zucchini is tender crisp.
Our Favorite Dips For Zucchini Fries
Here are some easy and delicious dips for zucchini fries:
- Ranch dressing
- Caesar dressing
- Marinara sauce
- Pizza sauce
- Dill dip
- Thousand island dressing
Tips and Substitutions For Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Peeling the zucchini before slicing isn’t necessary. It will soften while it cooks.
- If desired, place the flour mixture into a plastic bag to save time. When coating zucchini sticks with flour, you can dump them in, seal it, and shake it up. Don’t forget to shake off excess before adding to egg mixture.
- Preheating the air fryer is an important step to perfectly crisp zucchini fries.
- Panko is an airier version of breadcrumbs, and creates a light, crispy coating.
- Cook the zucchini fries in batches to ensure they cook evenly. Air fryers work like a big convection oven, so it’s important to leave space around the food so it cooks properly.
Storing Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Thanks to the air fryer, these zucchini fries won’t lose their crunch if you need to reheat them! They will last about 3 days in the fridge and still reheat crispy.
Once cooled, place the zucchini fries into an airtight container. If they aren’t room temperature, the excess moisture will ruin them. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat these zucchini fries, preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Place them into an air fryer basket, and air fry for 2-3 minutes, ensuring the coating doesn’t overcook.
More Air Fryer Favorites
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs – a great weeknight dinner
- Air Fryer Pickles – with quick dill dip
- Air Fryer Asparagus – 3 ingredients, 5 minutes!
- Air Fryer Corn On The Cob – so juicy
- Air Fryer Salmon – 9 minutes!
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- 2 zucchini medium
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then into matchsticks.
- Arrange 3 bowls - in the first combine flour and cayenne pepper. In the second, beat egg with 1 tablespoon of water. In the third, combine panko, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Dip zucchini fries into flour, then eggwash, then breadcrumbs to coat, shaking off excess between dips.
- Place zucchini fries in a single layer in preheated air fryer (you may need to do two batches). Spray with olive oil or cooking spray, then air fry for 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender and breadcrumbs are crisp and golden brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
Pin it for later: