Air fryer asparagus is a healthy and easy side dish that goes with just about anything, and takes just 7 minutes from start to finish!
How To Trim Asparagus
The best way to trim asparagus is actually snapping the ends off. The asparagus will has a spot where it gives towards the end of the spear.
This spot is where the tough part of the asparagus ends, and the tender spot begins.
- Hold the asparagus on each end.
- Bend it slowly until it snaps.
If preparing asparagus for a crowd, it may be easier to use a knife to trim the asparagus all at once.
How To Make Air Fryer Asparagus
This simple and flavorful side really only requires a couple minutes of prep. To make air fryer asparagus:
- Snap the ends of the asparagus spears.
- Place asparagus in the air fryer basket.
- Drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Air fry at 400°F for 5 minutes.
That’s really it, it’s the easiest way you’ll ever make asparagus and it always comes out perfect!
Our Favorite Air Fryer Asparagus Additions
Here are some easy and delicious additions to spruce up the air fryer asparagus:
- Chili flakes
- Lemon zest
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Balsamic reduction
- Garlic powder
Cooked asparagus will last 3-5 days in the fridge stored in an air tight container.
Air fryer asparagus can be frozen after being cooked, but you may find a change in texture after defrosting and reheating. Cooked frozen asparagus will last up to 6 months in the freezer.
To reheat air fryer asparagus, place it in a preheated air fryer at 400°F for 2-3 minutes.
More Easy Side Dishes
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Garlic Bread
- Classic Caesar Salad
- Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- Crispy Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
Air Fryer Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges garnish, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Trim ends of asparagus by snapping them at the weak point.
- Add asparagus to air fryer basket. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until tender crisp. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Pin it for later: