These easy pan seared pork chops are the juiciest pork chops you’ll ever try. Boneless pork chops are salt and peppered, then seared with olive oil, butter, and fresh oregano to create the perfect main dish.
With this pan seared pork chops recipe, there’s no need to finish them off in the oven. Using a cast iron pan will give you the beautiful caramelization on the outside, and keep the pork chops juicy as ever!
How To Pan Sear Pork Chops
To make these pan seared pork chops:
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning over both sides of the pork chops.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Sear each pork chop for about 3 minutes on one side.
- Flip pork chops and sear for an additional 4-5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F (medium rare) or 160°F (medium).
- While second side cooks, add butter, garlic cloves, and oregano sprigs to pan.
- Use a spoon to baste pork chops with oil/butter mixture to coat, and allow pork chops to rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
How Long Do You Need To Pan Sear Pork Chops?
These pork chops cook quickly, and need about 7-10 minutes total. According to pork.org, pork is best served medium rare – medium, which is the equivalent of 145°F – 160°F.
If you’re making pan seared bone in pork chops, the cooking times will need to be adjusted with a few extra minutes.
Always remember to rest the meat before slicing or serving to allow the juices to settle back into the cut of meat.
What To Serve With Pan Seared Pork Chops
Pork chops are one of the easiest main dishes to create sides for! Anything from grilled asparagus to green beans almondine works. Pork chops are great over pasta with a quick pork gravy, or served next to roasted potatoes.
These pork chops are also great for meal prep, if you’re looking to save some time and money. Try serving pan seared pork chops with a quick tossed salad!
More Delicious Main Courses
- French Dip Sandwiches
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Peruvian Chicken (Pollo A La Brasa)
- Taco Meatball Casserole
- Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta
Pan Seared Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 4 sprigs oregano fresh
- Generously season both sides of each pork chop with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Trim off excess fat.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium high heat with olive oil and butter.
- Sear each pork chop for 3 minutes on first side.
- Flip pork chops and sear for an additional 4-5 minutes. Add smashed garlic cloves, and fresh oregano.
- Tilt pan and use a spoon to baste pork chops with pan juices while cooking.
- Rest pork chops for 5-7 minutes before slicing or serving.
Tried this recipe? Let me know how you liked it below!
Don’t forget to pin this for later!