St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
Test your luck with these deliciously easy St. Patrick’s Day recipes. Whether you need St Patricks Day drink recipes, dinner, baking or breakfast, you’ll find it here!
St Patrick’s Day is the perfect time to enjoy Irish food, whether you’re making a delicious Irish stew and need to find an Irish soda bread recipe, or need something quick and low carb like fried cabbage and sausage skillet.
Have kids? Shamrock shakes are always a hit (for a grown up version, just add a little vanilla vodka). We also love baking St Patrick’s Day. Irish spice cake, Guiness brownies, and St Patrick’s Day cookies are always a fun treat!
You can search for recipes by category or ingredient above, or browse our favorite St Patrick’s Day recipes below. Happy cooking!
Irish Cuisine Ingredients
Traditional Irish cuisine consists of many ingredients. These ingredients tend to be used the most in varying dishes:
- Grains – barley, what, and oats are often used in baking breads, and even soup.
- Meat – rabbit, lamb, beef, and pork are all common in Irish cuisine. Sausages and stews are very popular.
- Seafood – fresh caught fish like mackerel, cod, and salmon are commonly found in Irish cooking.
- Vegetables – root vegetables like turnips and potatoes are very common. Onions, carrots, celery, and cabbage can be found in everything from stir fries to soups, boiled or braised.
- Fruit – apples, blackberries, strawberries, pears, and plums are staples in Irish cuisine.
- Dairy – you’ll find a lot of buttermilk, butter, and milk used in traditional Irish cooking.
- Spices – Thyme, rosemary, sage, caraway seeds, rosemary, and parsley
Traditional Irish Dishes
With all these delicious ingredients, the Irish know how to make some crazy delicious meals. Here are some popular St Patrick’s Day feasts that are fun to make and enjoy during the holiday!
- Corned beef and Cabbage – slow cooked beef with spices. Tender and pink, served with cabbage.
- Irish stew – made with beef, lamb, or rabbit, simmered until tender.
- Colcannon – mashed potatoes with cabbage, and onions or leeks.
- Irish soda bread – a 4 ingredient quick bread recipe.
- Boxty – a fried potato pancake – similar to a latke – served with breakfast.
- Boiled bacon and cabbage – Pork is salted overnight, then boiled with cabbage, and sometimes carrots.
- Smoked salmon – salmon is cured then smoked and shaved. Smoked salmon is delicious on a crostini or bagel. Just add some fresh dill, capers, and cream cheese!