Lemon parmesan roasted broccoli is made with bright, fresh broccoli roasted with parmesan cheese, lemon juice, pine nuts, and garlic.
We love stocking up on broccoli whenever we can. It’s chock full of vitamins and minerals, and adds color to any dish!
Toasted pine nuts, melted parmesan cheese, crisp garlic, and fresh lemon juice turn this side dish into one that will impress even the pickiest of eaters.
How To Cut Broccoli Into Florets
To cut broccoli into florets:
- Place washed broccoli on a cutting board. Peel off any leaves attached to the stem.
- Use a paring knife to remove florets from the stem, right where it beings to branch into separate florets.
- Continue cutting up the stalk, removing florets until you reach the top once at the top, simply take a sharp knife and cut the remaining ones off.
- If some florets are larger than others, cut them in half before making parmesan roasted broccoli.
How To Make Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
To make parmesan roasted broccoli:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place broccoli into a 9×9″ baking dish or onto a baking sheet. The broccoli should be able to sit comfortable in a single layer without covering other florets.
- Toss the broccoli with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the thinly sliced garlic, and toss again to coat.
- Roast for 22-25 minutes. The broccoli should have a nice char color in places, but still look bright and green in others. It should also be fork tender.
- Once the broccoli is roasted, immediately toss it with parmesan cheese and pine nuts. This will help melt the cheese and heat the pine nuts. Finally, add lemon juice and serve!
How To Store Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
Parmesan roasted broccoli will last in the fridge for about a week. To store it, place it in an air tight container once cooled.
To reheat parmesan roasted broccoli, place in the oven at 425°F for about 7 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic or pine nuts.
Parmesan roasted broccoli loses some texture once frozen, so it’s best to enjoy it fresh.
Tips and Substitutions for Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- We love substituting the pine nuts with walnuts, slivered almonds, and pecans depending on what we have on hand.
- For more lemon flavor, add some fresh lemon zest from the lemon once the broccoli has come out of the oven.
- For a kick, add some crushed chili flakes with the salt and pepper.
- For parmesan roasted cauliflower and broccoli, use 1 ½ cups of broccoli and 1 ½ cups of cauliflower.
- We love adding a quick breadcrumb topping to this recipe. Combine ⅓ cup breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons of melted butter and sprinkle the mixture over broccoli before roasting.
- Try tossing 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar with the olive oil for parmesan balsamic roasted broccoli.
More Easy Side Dishes
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Classic Caesar Salad
- Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Garlic Bread
- Caprese Pesto Pasta Salad
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- ½ pound broccoli florets about 3 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper each, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash broccoli, and trim into florets roughly 1" long. Trim larger florets in half. Slice garlic.
- Add broccoli to a 9x9" baking dish. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add garlic.
- Roast for 22-25 minutes, or until broccoli is charred and fork tender.
- Remove from oven. Toss with parmesan cheese lemon juice, and pine nuts.
Pin it for later: