Honey glazed carrots are the perfect, buttery sweet side dish. Carrots are tossed in a rich honey butter sauce, then roasted until fork tender.
What Kind Of Carrots To Use
I love finding small whole carrots on sale, and these make for a beautiful presentation. You don’t need to peel the carrots (the texture actually looks beautiful), but I opt to peel them when I make them.
If you prefer honey glazed baby carrots, just adjust the cooking time slightly as they will cook a little faster.
This recipe works for purple carrots as well, just make sure the carrots aren’t too large so they cook evenly.
How To Make Honey Glazed Carrots
The trick to honey glazed carrots in the oven is ensuring the sauce sticks to the carrots well. To make these oven roasted honey glazed carrots:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Trim and wash, and peel the carrots.
- Heat honey, butter, salt and pepper in a saucepan over medium heat. The mixture will be runny, and will thicken as it cooks.
- Once the sauce has become thick, add the carrots and toss to coat.
- Pour the carrots onto a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper in an even layer.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender, flipping the honey glazed carrots halfway through cooking to ensure they cook evenly.
The honey glaze will brown while it cooks down, this is due to the butter. The browning of the butter adds a delicious depth of flavor, and helps reduce it to thicken the sauce as the sugar in the honey caramelizes.
Some of our favorite additions include a pinch of cayenne pepper, a teaspoon of garlic powder, or a tablespoon of brown sugar.
How To Store Honey Glazed Carrots
Leftovers? No problem! Honey glazed carrots are super easy to store and reheat.
Just store the carrots in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
To reheat, just add them to a saucepan, the oven, or a microwave until hot. The oven will help keep them as crisp as possible, but all methods work well.
More Delicious Side Dishes
- Bacon Green Beans Almondine
- Parmesan Lemon Orzo
- Crispy Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- Roasted Garlic Bread
- Kung Pao Brussels Sprouts
Honey Glazed Carrots
- 15-20 small carrots peeled
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- fresh parsley garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Peel and trim carrots.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add butter, honey, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add carrots, toss to coat in honey mixture.
- Put carrots on a baking sheet, and roast for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender, flipping halfway through cooking.