Air fryer corn on the cob is a simple and delicious way to enjoy blackened corn on the cob without turning on the grill.
Serve air fryer corn on the cob next to pan seared pork chops, Instant Pot ribs, or add it to salads. It’s so quick and easy!
How To Make Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
To make corn on the cob in the air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shuck the corn and remove the silk.
- Place corn in preheated air fryer basket. Brush with about a tablespoon of olive oil (this will help it blacken without drying out). Season with salt and pepper.
- Air fry for 12 -15 minutes or until desired amount of blackness is achieved. If you are hoping for more charred corn, leave it for the full 15 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer, and serve with butter.
Frozen corn can be cooked perfectly in the air fryer. We enjoy corn on the cob all year, so we like to buy extra in the summer and freeze it for the winter months.
To cook corn on the cob from frozen in the air fryer, follow the steps above and add about 3 minutes to the cooking time.
Delicious Additions To Corn On The Cob
Tired of regular old butter? Try sprucing up your corn game with these delicious toppings:
- Garlic and herb butter – an easy addition
- Mayo and cojita cheese – similar to mexican street corn!
- Cayenne pepper – adds a delicious kick. Add a drizzle of honey for a sweet and spicy option that’s great with barbecue!
- Bacon bits, or candied bacon
- Parmesan cheese is always a great option.
- Roasted garlic – it isn’t just for roasted garlic bread. Try spreading some roasted garlic onto corn on the cob after it’s air fried.
- Top it with pico de gallo and guacamole for a fresh and delicious (but messy) summer treat.
Tips For Perfect Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- Make sure all of the silk (the corn hairs) is removed before air frying. They will blacken while they cook, and not look very pleasant.
- If the corn doesn’t fit into the air fryer, cut them in half with a sharp knife. This is also a great option for half sizes, if you’re preparing corn on the cob for a crowd or barbecue.
- To keep corn warm, wrap it in foil as soon as it’s cooked.
- Make sure to use a good amount of olive oil. If you don’t the kernels will begin to dry out and separate from each other while they cook.
How To Store Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
Leftover corn? Corn on the cob can be stored for about 3 days in the fridge. Remember to refridgerate it within 2 hours of cooking it.
Once cooled, place it into a plastic bag in the fridge. Alternatively, you can cut it off of the cob to enjoy in salads, or even in jiffy corn casserole or cornbread!
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- 2 ears of corn shucked, cut into 3" slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter for serving
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F for 5 minutes.
- Shuck corn. Cut into 3" pieces if desired. Place in preheated air fryer basked and spray with olive oil to coat. Add salt and pepper.
- Air fry for 12-15 minutes or until corn is cooked and slightly blackened in some spots.
- Brush with melted butter while serving.
Pin it for later: