Air fryer salmon is the best way to enjoy juicy, lemon pepper salmon filets in just 9 minutes. They’re tender, juicy, and have a crisp, seared exterior!
Choosing Perfect Salmon
Salmon in the air fryer should be used as fresh as possible. We like to go to the local fishery and select fresh caught filets when possible.
When choosing salmon at a grocery store, look for even thickness filets without any discoloration.
Don’t let the salmon sit for more than a day without cooking it. As it ages, it will become more fishy.
How To Air Fry Salmon
To make air fryer salmon:
- Preheat the air fryer at 400°F.
- Slice the salmon into filets with a sharp knife.
- Season the salmon on one side. Lemon pepper is intense, so one side will work perfectly for this recipe.
- Place the salmon into the preheated air fryer basket. If there is skin, place it skin side down, seasoning up. If it doesn’t have skin, place it seasoning side down.
- Air fry for 9 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 145°F.
- Rest for 2 minutes before serving.
Tips For Perfect Salmon
- Preheat, preheat, preheat! Preheating the air fryer is a must when working with something as delicate as salmon.
- Select salmon filets with even thickness. With such a quick cook, you want to ensure they’re done at the same time.
- Cooking air fryer salmon with the seasoning side down will crisp the seasoning layer perfectly.
- Check the salmon with a meat thermometer. Salmon can overcook quickly, so make sure your air fryer cooks it to a temperature of 145°F.
- If the salmon has skin, cook it skin side down. It will crisp up beautifully.
How To Store Leftover Salmon
Leftover salmon is always a great addition to meals. We love reheating it for a couple minutes in the air fryer!
To whip up leftover salmon salad, just shred it and add a little mayonnaise. The seasonings on the salmon will do the rest of the work!
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Pickles
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Asparagus
Air Fryer Salmon
- 2 pounds salmon filets
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes. Slice salmon into filets.
- Combine lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Rub over the salmon. If salmon has skin, rub it on the opposite side.
- Place in the preheated air fryer, seasoning side down. Spray with olive oil. Air fry for 9 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
Pin it for later: