Franks buffalo chicken dip is the ultimate appetizer for game days. A delicious creamy base is mixed with buffalo chicken, topped with cheese, then baked until hot and bubbly. Serve it with some crackers and veggie dippers for the perfect potluck dip!
Whenever I am asked to bring a dish for a potluck or party, I will either reach for this easy buffalo chicken dip, or bacon wrapped brussels sprouts. This dip travels super well! Just bake it when you arrive so it’s hot and fresh.
Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip
The combo of buffalo chicken wings and ranch salad dressing, but in dip form. What’s not to love? Hot sauce and chicken go hand in hand.
This is the best buffalo chicken dip ever. It’s a creamy, dreamy, delicious dip that gets perfect texture from vegetables like celery, and a pop of color with green onions or chives to garnish.
I use blue cheese dressing in this recipe, which makes all the difference in flavor. If you’re not a fan of blue cheese, ranch dressing tastes delicious in this recipe too!
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
To make Franks buffalo chicken dip:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer, combine blue cheese dressing, sour cream, and cream cheese. Whipping the base rather than folding it will ensure the dip is light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine leftover chicken, buffalo wing sauce, and garlic powder.
- Add celery, green onions, half of the buffalo chicken, and half of the cheeses to the cream cheesemixture.
- Spread the dip into an 8×8 casserole dish. Top with remaining buffalo chicken and cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
If you’re making buffalo chicken dip in advance, store the dip covered in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it.
Slow Cooker Method / CrockPot Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Make as directed but in a slow cooker or Crockpot, rather than a baking dish.
- Cook on high setting for 2 hours or low setting for 4 hours, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
How Long Does Buffalo Chicken Dip Last
Franks buffalo chicken dip will last 2-3 days in the fridge, as it contains chicken. If you plan to bake it after that, you should freeze it to ensure it lasts longer.
Can You Freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip
You bet! Franks buffalo chicken dip freezes perfectly. Just store it in the freezer, covered, for 1-3 months.
When baking, take it out and allow it to defrost before putting it in the oven to ensure it cooks evenly.
Can’t Miss Tips For Buffalo Chicken Dip
I bring this to almost every potluck! Here are my pro tips for bringing buffalo chicken dip for a crowd:
- Keep the heat low: I brought this dip to a party where the oven was at 400°F and baked it there. It overflowed. Always bake franks buffalo chicken dip at 350°F. The whipping of the cream cheese makes for a delicious dip, but it can overflow quickly. When you create a light fluffy dip, the air bubbles will react to the heat. It doesn’t need long to fully heat, but don’t go higher than 350°F. If the oven is at a higher temperature, place a pan or baking sheet underneath it.
- There is celery in the recipe, don’t just grab a rib: I did this when I first started bring this dip! When you grab the ingredients, grab a full stalk! Then, chop the rest into stalks for to use as a dipper for the buffalo chicken dip.
- This dish is made for a 9×9 baking dish. If you have a lager or smaller dish, baking time will need to be adjusted.
- Put the dish on a cookie sheet! I bring buffalo chicken dip to almost every party, and the dip is always the biggest hit. Allow the dip to cool for about 10 minutes when it comes out of the oven before you put it out.
What To Serve With Buffalo Chicken Dip
I love serving buffalo chicken dip on appey night alongside other favorites like bruschetta, cranberry meatballs, and tzatziki. As for dippers, here are some of my favorites:
- Tortilla chips
- Celery sticks
- Carrot sticks
- Ritz crackers
- Potato chips
Buffalo chicken dip goes with just about everything!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Strawberry Panna Cotta
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Peruvian Pisco Sour Recipe
- The Best Italian Meatball Recipe
Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups chicken (leftover) diced, cooked
- 2/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 2 green onions diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine blue cheese dressing, sour cream, and cream cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine diced chicken, buffalo sauce, and garlic powder. Add half of the chicken mixture to cream cheese mixture along with celery, green onions, and half of the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Spread mixture into an 8x8 baking dish. Top with remaining buffalo chicken and remaining cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Tried this recipe? Let me know how you liked it below!
I would love it if you pinned this for later!