Air fryer avocado fries are the perfect guilt-free snack! Avocado is sliced into fries, breaded in a panko parmesan mixture, then air fried until crisp and golden.
Serve these air fryer avocado fries next to spicy sriracha ranch, or creamy dill dip for the ultimate appetizer!
Why We Love Them
Like air fryer pickles or air fryer zucchini fries, anything breaded just crisps up beautifully thanks to the circulation in the air fryer.
These take almost no time to whip up. You can make them ahead of time and freeze them, or have them on the table in about 20 minutes.
How To Make Air Fryer Avocado Fries
To make them:
- Arrange two bowls, one with the breadcrumb mixture, and one with 2 beaten eggs.
- Cut avocados in half, and remove the pit. Scoop the avocado out of the peels, being careful to keep them intact.
- Slice the avocados about ¼” thick to create the “fries”.
- Dip in the egg mixture, then press lightly in the breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Air fry for 6 minutes at 350°F, or until the breadcrumb mixture is golden and crisp.
- Serve with the sriracha ranch, or your favorite dips!
Tips and Substitutions
- Whole wheat panko is delicious with these, but if you happen to have regular panko, it works well too!
- When breading the avocado fries, use one hand for the bread crumb mixture, and one hand for the egg mixture. This helps you avoid breading your hands while you bread the avocado, and speeds things up!
- Avocado is delicate, so take care while breading them. Tongs can break or mash the avocado, so bread them with your hands.
- If you’re not a fan of spicy food, regular ranch, dill dip, chipotle mayo, or caesar dressing all make delicious dips.
- To avoid the oxidizing process (when the avocado turns grey, due to exposure to oxygen), spray the slices with a little lime juice. Also, make sure the eggwash and breadcrumb mixture are ready so you can begin breading as soon as the avocados are cut.
- Keep the avocado fries in a single layer in the air fryer basket. We were able to fit around 15 avocado fries per batch.
- Don’t forget to spray them with oil. The little bit of oil helps keep the breading from drying out.
Storing Air Fryer Avocado Fries
Avocado fries should be eaten as soon as they’re ready, they won’t keep or reheat very well.
If you’re making them in advance, bread them and store them covered in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 4 hours.
We love making these and freezing them for a quick snack. Bread the avocado fries, then place them on a baking sheet in the freezer until completely frozen. Then, transfer to a freezer bag until you’re ready to air fry.
If you’re making air fryer frozen avocado fries, add a couple minutes to the cooking time.
More Air Fryer Favorites
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- 3 avocados firm
- ⅔ cup whole wheat panko
- ⅔ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper each
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 2 large eggs beaten
- olive oil for spraying
For Sriracha Ranch Dip
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon sriracha to taste
- Arrange 2 bowls. In the first, combine panko, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, and cayenne pepper. In the second, add eggs and whisk until combined.
- Cut avocados in half, around pit. Discard seed. Using a spoon, scoop avocado out of peel. Slice into ¼" slices.
- Working quickly, dip avocado slices in egg, then breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to help the mixture stick. Shake off excess, and place on a plate. Continue until all avocado slices are breaded.
- Arrange avocado slices in an air fryer basket in a single layer (you may need to do two batches). Spray with olive oil. Set air fryer to 350°F for 6 minutes, or until breading is golden.
For Sriracha Ranch
- Combine ingredients using a spoon in a serving dish. Serve alongside avocado fries.
Pin it for later: