Air fryer brussels sprouts are a simple and flavorful side dish that even the pickiest of eaters will love.
Brussels sprouts are halved, tossed in olive oil and seasonings, then air fried to tender, crispy perfection.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts – Not Just Any Side Dish
These are perfect for last minute dinners, a quick snack, or as a topping for brussels sprout salad.
You can dress them up or down however you’d like.
Some of our favorite additions:
- 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 a teaspoon of chili flakes
- Balsamic vinegar, or balsamic reduction, for drizzling
How To Make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Wash the brussels sprouts well under cold water to remove debris. Remove outer outer leaves if they appear bruised.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F.
- Dry the brussels well. Using a knife, trim the ends of the sprouts. Slice them in half lengthise.
- Add the sprouts to a mixing bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Air fry for 10-12 minutes, shaking the basket as they cook. Sprouts should be fork tender and crispy.
- Allow to sit in the basket for 2 minutes before serving.
Tips For Perfect Brussels Sprouts
- Don’t get rid of the leaves that fall off! They will crisp up and add amazing crunch and texture to this side dish.
- While selecting brussels sprouts, look for ones that are similar in size to ensure that they cook evenly.
- To test how done they are, pierce with a fork. They should be fork tender!
- Preheat, preheat, preheat! It takes about 4 minutes to preheat the air fryer, and makes a world of difference in flavor. Always remember to preheat the air fryer!
- Shake the basket several times while the brussels sprouts cook. This will ensure that they cook evenly, and help avoid any steam.
- Allowing the brussels sprouts to sit in the air fryer basket once they’re cooked helps prevent them steaming in the serving dish.
Air fried brussels sprouts will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Once completely cooled, place in an air tight container and store them in the fridge.
We love whipping up brussels sprouts in the air fryer to add to salads the next day. They give the perfect, smoky, almost grilled crunch to just about anything.
Air fried brussels sprouts will lose their texture when frozen.
- Air fryer (recommended): cook for 2-3 minutes at 370°F or until heated through.
- Oven: preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange the sprouts on a baking sheet, and reheat for 5-6 minutes or until hot.
- Microwave: Microwave on high power for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. This method is not recommended, as you’ll lose some of the crispy texture as they heat.
More Air Fryer Favorites:
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer Roast Beef
- Air Fryer Pickles
- Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- balsamic reduction drizzle once cooked
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes or to taste
- Wash brussels sprouts. Trim the stem, and slice in half lengwise. Dry well.
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine brussels sprouts, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Add brussels sprouts to preheated air fryer basket, shaking to ensure they are in an even layer.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, shaking at least twice throughout the cooking time. Sprouts should be crispy, and fork tender.
- Allow to sit in the air fryer basket for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Pin it for later: