A cranberry moscow mule is the perfect twist on a classic winter cocktail, with tart cranberries transforming this spiced drink into a holiday classic.
From mulled wine to this spiked cranberry moscow mule, you could use a good cocktail this holiday season! Ginger beer, fresh lime juice, and cranberry juice are mixed with vodka for a deliciously refreshing drink.
The Perfect Holiday Cocktail
Cranberry moscow mules are simple, yet so perfect for holiday parties. They’re garnished with fresh cranberries and rosemary to give them the look of holly.
They’re perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas, any time you are entertaining guests!
The Best Ginger Beer For Moscow Mules
Ginger beer is known for having a kick compared to ginger ale, with a sharper, less sweet taste. My favorite ginger beers for moscow mules are:
- Fever-Tree Ginger Beer
- Maine Root Spicy Ginger Brew
- Barritts Bermuda Ginger Beer
- Zevia Mixer Ginger Beer (for a sugar free option if you’re making keto moscow mules)
When making cranberry moscow mules, make sure you use sweetened cranberry juice cocktail. Unsweetened will result in a cocktail that is super tart.
Moscow Mule Ingredients
In a classic moscow mule, you’ll find:
- Ginger beer
- Lime juice
For cranberry moscow mules, we add some cranberry juice and cranberries as a garnish.
We like using rum or gin in place of vodka for this recipe.
Moscow Mule Copper Mugs
Moscow mules are served in copper mugs for a few reasons:
- Tradition: it’s always fun to have a shiny gold mug filled with a spiced, refreshing mule.
- Taste: many experts believe that when acidic ingredients like lime are added to a copper mug, it oxidizes and changes the taste of the cocktail.
- Temperature: the copper acts as a great insulator, keeping the drink cold and delicious.
Here are the copper mugs you see in this recipe, that use every time I serve mules. Serve these cranberry moscow mules the right way!
How Do You Make A Moscow Mule?
To make these cranberry moscow mules:
- Pour ginger beer, vodka, lime juice, and cranberry juice into a cocktail shaker with ice. You can also do this directly in the mugs, if desired.
- Stir to combine flavors (don’t shake, or you’ll lose the carbonation in the ginger beer).
- Garnish as desired!
Awesome Moscow Mule Garnishes
Here are some of the best moscow mule garnishes:
- Lime wedges
- Citrus peels (lemon, lime, or orange)
- Other berries (strawberries, black berries, raspberries)
Appetizers To Serve With Moscow Mules:
- Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball Bites
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Rosemary Bacon Peach Brie en Croute
Cranberry Moscow Mule
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce lime juice fresh
- 6 ounces ginger beer
- 2 ounces cranberry juice sweetened
- frozen cranberries garnish
- lime wedges garnish
- Add all ingredients to a martini shaker and stir to combine.
- Strain into copper mugs filled with ice, and garnish with cranberries and limes.
Pin it for later: