A cranberry moscow mule is the perfect twist on a classic winter cocktail, with tart cranberries transforming this spiced drink into a holiday classic.
From mulled wine to this spiked cranberry moscow mule, you could use a good cocktail this holiday season! Ginger beer, fresh lime juice, and cranberry juice are mixed with vodka for a deliciously refreshing drink.
The Best Ginger Beer For Moscow Mules
Ginger beer is known for having a kick compared to ginger ale, with a sharper, less sweet taste. My favorite ginger beers for moscow mules are:
- Fever-Tree Ginger Beer
- Maine Root Spicy Ginger Brew
- Barritts Bermuda Ginger Beer
- Zevia Mixer Ginger Beer (for a sugar free option if you’re making keto moscow mules)
When making cranberry moscow mules, make sure you use sweetened cranberry juice. Unsweetened will result in a cocktail that is super tart.
Moscow Mule Ingredients
In a classic moscow mule, you’ll find:
- Ginger beer
- Lime juice
For cranberry moscow mules, we add some cranberry juice and cranberries as a garnish.
Moscow Mule Copper Mugs
Moscow mules are served in copper mugs for a few reasons:
- Tradition: it’s always fun to have a shiny gold mug filled with a spiced, refreshing mule.
- Taste: many experts believe that when acidic ingredients like lime are added to a copper mug, it oxidizes and changes the taste of the cocktail.
- Temperature: the copper acts as a great insulator, keeping the drink cold and delicious.
Here are the copper mugs you see in this recipe, that use every time I serve mules. Serve these cranberry moscow mules the right way!
How Do You Make A Moscow Mule?
To make these cranberry moscow mules:
- Pour ginger beer, vodka, lime juice, and cranberry juice into a cocktail shaker with ice. You can also do this directly in the mugs, if desired.
- Stir to combine (don’t shake, or you’ll lose the carbonation in the ginger beer).
- Garnish as desired!
Awesome Moscow Mule Garnishes
Here are some of the best moscow mule garnishes:
- Lime wedges
- Citrus peels (lemon, lime, or orange)
- Other berries (strawberries, black berries, raspberries)
Appetizers To Serve With Moscow Mules:
- Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball Bites
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Rosemary Bacon Peach Brie en Croute
Cranberry Moscow Mule
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce lime juice fresh
- 6 ounces ginger beer
- 2 ounces cranberry juice sweetened
- frozen cranberries garnish
- lime wedges garnish
- Add all ingredients to a martini shaker and stir to combine.
- Strain into copper mugs filled with ice, and garnish with cranberries and limes.
Pin it for later: