This strawberry bread with glaze is made with fresh strawberries, and topped with an easy strawberries and cream glaze.
Serve strawberry swirl bread with coffee, hot chocolate, or pack it as a snack. It’s delicious as a dessert too – it’s almost like having cake!
Strawberry quick bread is super easy – but the strawberry flavor is off the charts. The bread is chock full of fresh strawberries, and the glaze intensifies with sweet strawberry flavor as it sits.
Homemade strawberry bread is fun to make with kids for Sunday baking, and can be enjoyed all week.
How To Make Strawberry Bread
To make strawberry bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a loaf pan by greasing it with butter, then shaking some flour into it, dumping the excess out.
- Chop the strawberries. For the bread, a normal dice works best, but do a fine dice for the glaze. It looks prettier, presentation wise.
- Make the batter – combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the strawberries to a bowl, and toss them with a couple tablespoons to coat evenly. This prevents them from sinking when the bread is baked.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, egg, oil, vanilla, and milk. Add the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing until it’s just combined. If over mixed, the bread will become dense when baked.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, using a spatula to smooth out the top. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the glaze and serve!
How To Make Strawberry Glaze
While the bread cools, make the glaze – combine the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. The glaze will feel like it’s too thick, but it will thin as the strawberries continue to release moisture.
To make sure the glaze is the right consistency, hold some up with a spoon. If it runs, it’s too thin. It should stick to the spoon. By the time the bread has cooled, it will be thin enough to spread and pour!
If the strawberry glaze isn’t quite coming together, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it’s come together. If it’s still too thick when you go to glaze the strawberry bread, you can add a little splash of milk too.
Tips and Substitutions For Strawberry Bread With Glaze
- Frozen diced strawberries can be used in this recipe. Don’t forget to toss them in flour before adding them to the bread. Frozen whole strawberries will be harder to work with as they will become soggy when defrosted and hard to cut.
- If the top of the bread splits, don’t worry! It’ll be covered in delicious glaze shortly.
- Don’t begin to glaze the bread until it has completely cooled to room temperature. The glaze will melt into the bread quickly if you glaze it too soon!
- Don’t over mix the bread batter, or it will make the bread flat and dense.
How To Store Strawberry Bread
Strawberry bread can be kept on the counter at room temperature for 2 days (if it lasts that long!) If you plan to enjoy it longer, it’s best kept in the fridge in an air tight container.
To avoid ruining the glaze, we like to place toothpicks in the corners of the bread before wrapping with plastic wrap.
To freeze strawberry bread, don’t glaze it first. Place it in the freezer once completely cooled, for up to 8 months. Once defrosted, make the glaze and add it to the bread!
Strawberry bread will last up to 3 days on the counter, and up to 5 days in the fridge.
More Delicious Baked Goods
- Swedish Cinnamon Buns (Kanelbullar)
- Bisquick Peach Cobbler
- Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
Strawberry Bread With Glaze
For Strawberry Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups strawberries diced
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk whole works best
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For Strawberries and Cream Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup strawberries finely diced
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 tablespoon milk whole, approximately
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8x4 bread pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Place diced strawberries in a bowl, and toss with 2 tablespoons of flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, egg, milk, and oil. Pour dry ingredients into wet, mixing with a spatula until just combined. Fold in floured strawberries.
- Pour mixture into prepared bread pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of strawberry bread comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing bread from pan to cool completely.
- Meanwhile make the glaze: combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Glaze will be thick, but will thin as strawberries release more liquid. If glaze is too thick to manage, add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Once bread is fully cooled, add glaze to top of bread.
This recipe was inspired by Strawberry Bread from Tastes of Lizzy T!
Pin it for later: