Banana chocolate chip muffins are a simple and delicious breakfast option that’s perfect for on the go breakfasts.
These moist and easy banana muffins are filled with chocolate chips and couldn’t be easier. Just add butter!
Why We Love Them
These banana chocolate chip muffins are oh so moist, fluffy, and delicious. We love whipping these up on Sundays for the busy week ahead.
Banana chocolate chip muffins are filled with our favorites – perfectly ripe bananas and chocolatey goodness!
They work as a quick, on the go breakfast option, but are versatile enough to enjoy during bigger weekend brunches. Plus, the house smells amazing while they bake!
How To Make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
To make easy banana chocolate chip muffins:
- MIX: mix the wet and dry ingredients seperately. Then, mix until just combined.
- POUR: Pour the batter into a greased and floured muffin tin. Make sure the batter is even to ensure even cooking times.
- BAKE: Bake at 375°F for
Tips And Substitutions
- For banana coconut muffins, add 1/4 cup of shredded sweetened coconut.
- Make sure to just mix the muffin batter until combined. Over mixing will cause them to taste dry, and can even prevent them from rising all the way.
- We like to grease and flour the muffin tin. Alternatively, you can use muffin liners for easy clean up!
- Adding the chocolate chips into the flour mixture coats them in flour. This prevents them from sinking in the batter while the muffins bake.
- We love heating the muffins up for 5-10 seconds in the microwave before enjoying them.
Storing Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Banana chocolate chip muffins will last about 6 days on the counter. Just keep them in an airtight container. You’ll notice after about 6 days, they will begin to go stale.
To freeze banana chocolate chip muffins, place them in a plastic freezer bag once completely cooled. They will keep for up to 8 months. Defrost them on the counter before enjoying!
More Baking Favorites
- Strawberry Bread with Glaze
- Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
- Dark Chocolate Guinness Brownies
- Classic Banana Bread
- Irish Soda Bread
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips semi sweet
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 bananas ripe, medium
- 1 egg large
- 1/2 cup butter melted, and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with muffin liners, or grease and flour the tin. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, chocolate chips, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas until smooth. Add egg, butter, vanilla, and combine. Pour flour mixture into banana mixture, and mix until combined, ensuring you don't over mix the batter.
- Add batter in equal portions to the prepared muffin tin, using a cookie scoop works best.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack before serving.
Pin It For Later: