Jiffy corn muffin mix is a pantry staple, but cheaper and easier to whip up with the things you already have in your kitchen!
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Ingredients
- Cornmeal – makes it cornbread
- Flour – added to any baked dish
- Baking powder – the leavening agent
- Sugar – for some sweetness
- Salt – rounds out the flavors
- Oil – holds the cornbread together, and saves time later!
How To Make Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
To make homemade jiffy corn muffin mix:
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- While whisking, pour the olive oil into the mix. Don’t pour fast, or it can clump, leaving you without perfect mix.
- Store, or whip up some cornbread!
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Uses
You can use cornbread stuffing for just about anything!
Chicken and waffles? Try whipping up some cornbread pancakes to go with the fried chicken.
It’s great if you have had a stew or chili simmering all day and need a quick last minute side too, without going to the store!
Here are some of our favorite cornbread mix uses:
- Cornbread Stuffing – perfect for Thanksgiving
- Jiffy Corn Casserole – we enjoy this all year!
- Skillet Cornbread – in under 15 minutes
How To Make Cornbread Out Of Mix
To use this Jiffy corn muffin mix:c
- Add the mix to a bowl. Add an egg, and ⅓ cup of mix per 1 ½ cups.
- Bake it at 375°F for about 15 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffins should come out clean.
1 box of Jiffy corn muffin mix is 8oz, which is equal to 1 ½ cups. So if a recipe calls for 1 box of muffin mix, just whip out a little of this muffin mix recipe!
How To Store Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
Jiffy corn muffin mix is a pantry staple, so store it similar to pancake mix.
It should be stored in a cool, dry place in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
More Easy Spices and Sauces
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly whisk in vegetable until no lumps remain and mixture is smooth.
To make muffins:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine 1 ½ cups muffin mix with egg and milk until just combined.
- Pour evenly into 6 muffin cups, being careful to not overwork the batter.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Pin it for later: