Blueberry overnight oats are a simple, healthy, and delicious make ahead breakfast that’s easily customizable. Oats are soaked in almond milk and greek yogurt with chia seeds overnight.
These go perfectly with cinnamon buns for a nice weekend brunch, but also work for busy weekday breakfasts to go!
What Are Overnight Oats?
Overnight oats are made by combining rolled oats with liquid. Rather than cooking them the conventional way, heating the liquid so it absorbs quickly, they are stored overnight and absorb everything while they are refrigerated.
This allows you to get a delicious, ready made breakfast with almost zero prep work.
We love making vegan overnight oats, so we often don’t include the greek yogurt. But boy, does it add a delicious creaminess!
Overnight oats with almond milk are a delicious way to get some protein into your morning. Plus, the addition of chia seeds make these a healthy breakfast you’ll be excited to start each day with!
The Best Oats For Overnight Oats
Plain old fashioned rolled oats are the best option when making overnight oats. We normally purchase Quaker when we make this recipe.
Steel cut oats won’t absorb enough liquid to make blueberry overnight oats enjoyable. Quick oats will absorb too much, resulting in a watery breakfast.
How To Make Overnight Oats
To make homemade overnight oats:
- Add ingredients to a mason jar or container with a tight lid.
- Shake, ensuring everything is combined.
- Store the overnight oats in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight for best results.
How Long Do Overnight Oats Last?
Overnight oats will last 5 days days in the fridge, making them a fun meal prep option!
Any longer, and they will start to become mushy and lose some flavor.
More Delicious Additions To Overnight Oats
Instead of blueberries, try a few of these delicious additions to overnight oats:
- Diced apples and cinnamon
- Peanut butter and dark chocolate chips
- Peaches and greek yogurt
- Maple and cinnamon
More Easy, Healthy Recipes
- Cucumber Vinegar Salad
- Creamy Carrot Soup
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Kung Pao Brussels Sprouts
- Spinach Cranberry Salad
Blueberry Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup almond milk or regular milk
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt optional
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup to taste
- 1/4 cup blueberries fresh
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar. Place lid on and shake to combine.
- Allow overnight oats to sit for a minimum of 4 hours to overnight.
- Serve with extra blueberries and additional maple syrup, to taste.
Tried this recipe? Let me know how you liked it below!
Pin it for later: