This Greek orzo pasta salad is one of my favorite summer recipes. Packed full of Mediterranean flavor, this easy summer salad features all of the best Greek veggies, orzo, and other fresh ingredients in a quick lemon Greek dressing.
We love Greek salad, but Greek orzo pasta salad takes the cake. This simple potluck dish takes just 15 minutes, and can be made in advance for an easy and delicious side dish.
Greek orzo salad with feta, Greek lemon dressing, and other delicious additions. Need I say more? I prepped this delicious salad to serve alongside cilantro lime chicken, and we decided to just eat the pasta salad. It’s THAT good.
The flavors intensify as it sits overnight, so make sure you make it and let it sit. The Greek dressing is soaked up by the al dente orzo and everything just works perfectly.
What’s In This Orzo Pasta Salad?
This easy orzo pasta salad has:
- Orzo (duh)
- Red onions (soak them in water first to take the bite out)
- Feta cheese
- Olives (optional), depending on your preferences
The dressing has:
- Lemon juice (fresh is best)
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
Let’s Make Some Greek Orzo Pasta Salad!
To make this recipe:
- Boil the orzo until al dente. You don’t want it to be too soft, as it will add a nice bite to the pasta salad. Make sure the orzo is completely cooled before you add it in.
- Prep the veggies, cut everything into bite sized pieces or slightly smaller. This ensure that you get everything in a bite.
- Add the Greek lemon dressing ingredients to a jar and shake it up to combine.
- Add the cooled orzo, and all the other prepped toppings. Top it with the dressing, and toss to combine.
What About The Leftovers?
Greek orzo pasta salad will about 4-5 days in the fridge, being the best about 24 hours after it is made. Store it in an airtight container.
Orzo doesn’t freeze well, so I suggest enjoying it while it’s fresh.
Other Delicious Side Dishes
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Ramen Noodle Salad
- Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts
- The Best Bruschetta Recipe
- Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 english cucumber sliced and quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup red onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup katamala olives halved
Greek Lemon Dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar to taste
- 1 clove garlic pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon dill fresh, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Cook orzo according to package directions until al dente. Drain, set aside to cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients for dressing in a jar.
- In a large mixing bowl add all vegetables, orzo, and dressing. Toss to combine.
- Allow Greek orzo pasta salad to sit for at least 1 hour in the fridge before serving.