Slow cooker thai peanut chicken is an easy and delicious main dish that takes almost no effort and tastes absolutely amazing.
Chicken thighs are slow cooked in a flavorful homemade peanut sauce that is suprisingly dairy free!
Chicken thighs make all the difference in this Crock Pot recipe, but any chicken you have on hand works as long as it’s boneless.
The peanut sauce is SO simple and SO flavorful. We love spicy food, so love adding an extra bit of chili flakes or extra sriracha when we make thai peanut chicken. The creaminess masks some of the spice, so we opt to add a little bit when we serve it.
How To Make Thai Peanut Chicken
To make this simple recipe:
- Add everything but the cornstarch to the slow cooker. We like to add the liquids in first and give it a quick stir before adding the chicken in.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2 in a pinch. The internal temperature of the chicken should read 165°F. If you’re using chicken breast or something thicker, you may need to adjust the cooking time slightly.
- Remove the chicken and slice it up using a sharp knife into bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, create a slurry by mixing equal parts corn starch and water. Add to the peanut sauce and stir until thickened, about 2 more minutes.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker to coat it.
- Serve, garnished with chopped peanuts, cilantro, and lime wedges. We love serving this over cilantro lime rice, noodles, or lettuce for a low carb option.
What To Do With Leftover Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
Leftovers? No problem! We love keeping the slow cooker set to warm while we eat, because we always end up going for seconds.
Chicken can’t sit out more than a couple hours at room temperature, so make sure it’s stored in the fridge before then. Slow cooker thai peanut chicken will last in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you are freezing thai peanut chicken, it will last up to 3 months. Defrost in a saucepan over medium-low heat until fully heated. You may need to add a little water or chicken broth while reheating from frozen.
More Delicious Chicken Dinners
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Lemon Chicken Piccata
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta
Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 1 can coconut milk
- ⅔ cup peanut butter smooth
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 tablespoon sriracha to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- lime wedges
- ½ roasted peanuts chopped
- In the slow cooker, combine coconut milk, peanut butter, chicken broth, sriracha, soy sauce, rice vinegar. Add chicken thighs.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove chicken thighs and cut into bite sized pieces. Meanwhile, mix cornstarch and water. Whisk into peanut sauce to thicken. Return chicken to slow cooker to coat.
- Serve over rice, lettuce, or noodles garnished with cilantro, peanuts, and lime wedges.