These salads are perfect for whenever you’re craving a bright, fresh, and simple salad recipe.
You can search by ingredient above, or browse our most popular salad recipes below. Happy cooking!
Salads go with every meal. Whether you need a salad recipe to go with dinner, or as dinner, or for meal prep lunches, you’ll find it here.
You’ll find these main components in most salad recipes:
- Lettuce – iceberg, leaf lettuce, kale, romaine, spinach
- Veggies – tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, peppers, mushrooms, green onions, avodado
- Dressing – creamy or vinaigrette
- Cheese – cheddar, parmesan, asiago, swiss
- Protein – crumbled bacon, grilled shrimp, grilled chicken, steak pieces, ham
- Other – tortilla chips, croutons, capers, pepper, chickpeas
Meal Prep Salads
We love making salad for meal prep or to bring for lunches when we are on the go. Try mixing and matching some of these combinations:
- Lettuce – mix up some some spinach and romaine, and mixed greens
- Additions – almonds, feta cheese, dried cranberries, crumbled bacon
- Protein – grilled shrimp, chicken, and steak
- Dressing – lemon poppyseed, creamy caesar, Italian
Our Favorite Salad Recipes
- Caesar salad – enjoyed all year!
- Greek salad – make ahead side
- Cucumber salad – just 5 ingredients
- Caprese salad – perfect for summer
- Ramen noodle salad – great for potlucks
- Dry the lettuce as well as possible before adding dressing. If wet, it will become soggy and the dressing won’t stick properly.
- Cut the lettuce and vegetables slightly smaller than bite sized pieces. This way, you’ll get a bit of everything in each bite!
- If preparing salad in advance, don’t add the dressing until right before serving so it doesn’t get soggy.
- Breaking the lettuce rather than cutting it will keep it from wilting as quickly.
- The easiest way to make vinaigrette is by placing the ingredients into a mason jar and shaking it up.